Kristin practices in all areas of family law, from agreed divorce settlement to complex asset and property division in adversarial cases. She is experienced in the tax, pension, maintenance, and property aspects of divorce, as well all child-related issues, including custody, visitation, parenting provisions, current and unpaid support obligations, and post-majority child and college support. Kristin has over twenty years of experience in contested litigation, but also is one of few central Illinois practitioners certified in collaborative divorce – an approach to dissolution of marriage that commits to non-litigated divorce resolution. She is also a certified family law financial mediator.
Kristin also represents people charged with criminal and traffic matters. Her experience includes successful resolution of both federal and state felony and misdemeanor criminal matters, DUI and other traffic charges, petty traffic offenses, underage drinking cases, and juvenile delinquency.
Kristin received her undergraduate degree from Brown University in Providence, RI. She worked for several years in Washington D.C. as both a legislative aide and lobbyist on Capitol Hill before returning to central Illinois and obtaining her JD from the University Of Illinois College Of Law.
Kristin R. Solberg
• Illinois State Bar Association
• Champaign County Bar Association
• Champaign County Bar Association Family Law Committee (former chair)
• Champaign County Family Law Court (approved financial mediator)
• Champaign County Mandatory Mortgage Foreclosure Mediation Program Mediator
• Certified in Collaborative Law
• U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
• United States Court of Appeals Seventh Circuit